One thing that I understood quite quickly was winding a bobbin. Once I got it, I revised it so many times until I could do it with my eyes closed. I won’t use technical language as that is what confuses me the most about many sewing tutorials. So, here are the steps that I took:
1. Place your cotton on the rod. Make sure that the thread is in the direction as per your machine instructions.
2. Wind the thread twice around the small circular winder.
3. Pull the thread through ONE of the top holes in your bobbin
4. Clip it on the bobbin winder and push it to the left.
5. Pull the large circular knob on the side of the machine out.
Hold the top thread with one hand. Press the petal and watch it go. I repeated this process until it was second nature.
So I even had to learn what a bobbin was. Having no idea I read many websites. All I needed was a simple explanation so I created my own simple summary.
After purchasing my machine, I needed to work out how to thread the machine. I found instructions, well awful because they assume that you know the language. The language is the most challenging part of learning to sew. I found the videos hard to zoom in on. So here are five simple steps that I have discovered.
1. Line your bobbin up. I had trouble with the thread. A tip that I read was make sure that your bobbin and it’s case kiss.
2. Place your bobbin in the case.
3. Grab the thread. Thread it into the small slot.
4. Drag the thread across and into the larger slot. You will hear a click.
5. Load the bobbin into the machine.