One thing that I understood quite quickly was winding a bobbin. Once I got it, I revised it so many times until I could do it with my eyes closed. I won’t use technical language as that is what confuses me the most about many sewing tutorials. So, here are the steps that I took:
1. Place your cotton on the rod. Make sure that the thread is in the direction as per your machine instructions.
2. Wind the thread twice around the small circular winder.
3. Pull the thread through ONE of the top holes in your bobbin
4. Clip it on the bobbin winder and push it to the left.
5. Pull the large circular knob on the side of the machine out.
Hold the top thread with one hand. Press the petal and watch it go. I repeated this process until it was second nature.